DTB Travel SH.p.k. Privacy & Cookie Statement
DTB Travel SH.p.k. takes all of the necessary precautions to ensure that your privacy is secure and protected. When we ask you to provide your data during your website experience or when you are using our services or websites, this is always in accordance with our privacy statement.
Please note that DTB Travel SH.p.k. may update and change this policy on occasion, so please check this page before you use the website to ensure you are in agreement. This policy is effective from 8 December 2019.
Who we are
DTB Travel SH.p.k. is a privately-owned Albanian company specialising in creating and selling holidays and tours to the western Balkan region, and also car hire.
All personal information that is provided to us or gathered by us is managed and controlled by DTB Travel SH.p.k., Rruga Trendafili i Bardhe, Selite, Tirana, Albania.
We take data security very seriously and are committed to ensuring that when we collect data from you it is secure. To prevent any access or disclosure of your data we have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect and secure your information both online and offline.
Information we collect
When you register on our websites dtbtravel.com and albania4x4rentals.com, complete a booking form, subscribe to a mailing list and contact us online and offline we might collect the following information from you:
- Name, address, contact details including phone and email address
- Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information
- Holiday information including reviews, blogs, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, enquires about your holiday, brochure and marketing requests
- Travel information you have supplied, including names, emergency contacts, insurance information, birth dates, disability or medical, dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, special service needs, visa information, country of residence and nationality. This can also be your travel companions and family members.
- Survey information, such as feedback, offers, competitions, customer surveys, and market research
We do not store any financially sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, security numbers or bank details.
We also receive some of the following information automatically when you use the websites dtbtravel.com and albania4x4rentals.com, access our marketing information or contact us by email or phone:
- Browsing, purchase and search history. We also use Google Analytics software to measure and collect session information such as the length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and how many clicks were made on a particular page.
- Domain and IP address that enable you to connect to the internet, as well as your computer browser, operating systems, internet connection, search terms, referral information and standard information collected by default by software such as Google Analytics.
- Telephone information including call duration, phone numbers, and occasionally recorded call sessions that are used for training and quality control.
- Third part information about you that comes from other sources may also be added to our account information, including things such as new address information to keep our records up-to-date.
How we store the data and information we gather
We collect information from you to get a better understanding of your needs and how we can improve your service, and to:
- Keep records of our interactions with you for auditing and regulation purposes
- Improve our services and products
- Send occasional promotional emails about our services, offers and products, or any other information you might find interesting to the email address you have supplied.
- For marketing purposes such as display adverts on our website or other websites based upon your visits to the website and contact with DTB Travel SH.p.k.
- Contact your for market research purposes
- Personalise and customise our website to suit your interests and needs
We may contact you by phone, email or mail unless requested otherwise.
A cookie is a small text file that is automatically stored on your computer or device whenever you visit a website. They are used across the web to ensure websites function more efficiently and they also provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies enable web applications to respond to you as an individual, they can adjust their operations to suit you needs, and gather your likes and dislikes by remembering your preferences as you browse the web.
Cookies enable us to provide you with a better website, by providing us with data to find out which pages are engaging and useful and which ones are not.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer, other than the data you choose to share with us, it only collects information about your use of the website to enable us to craft the best user experience possible.
Who may see your data
Due to the nature of our travel bookings, we will need to disclose some of your information to our partners, these include:
- Delivery companies who deliver your travel booking, such as USPS/FedEx and affiliates
- Travel companies such as hotels, ground handlers, airlines, and car rental companies
We only give out the information necessary to fulfil the booking or the enquiry.
Due to the nature of our business and the nature of the internet, your information and data may sometimes be transferred outside of your country or residence. If you are submitted your data to us from inside the European Economic Area (EEA) then it might be possible that your data has also be transferred outside of the EEA, where data privacy regulations operate differently.
Controlling your personal information
We do not sell, lease or distribute your data or personal information to any third parties unless we are required to do so by law or have your permission to do so.
You can restrict the distribution and collection of your data in the following ways should you wish to do so:
- Unsubscribe to marketing emails by clicking on the links within the emails themselves or unsubscribe to all marketing materials by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request the personal details we hold about you and update them at anytime by contacting us
If you have reason to believe that the data we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us via email or by writing to the address below as soon as possible. We will then correct your data asap.
Other web links
If you click on another web address within our sites dtbtravel.com and albania4x4rentals.com you will be redirected to that particular website, and should know that once you have been redirected we do not have any control over that website. As such, we are no longer responsible for the protection or privacy of any information you provide, and any sites linked to this website are not governed under this privacy statement. Be aware and cautious of this when clicking on other web addresses and always consult the privacy statements of the other websites to understand how your data will be used by them.
DTB Travel SH.p.k., December 2019